One of the exciting things about nail polish is that it can be a reflection of anything you want it to be. If you’re preparing for a fun weekend on the slopes, for instance, you could sport fingernail polish with snowflakes. For an interview, you want to show off your beautiful nails while at the same time impressing your potential employers with your readiness for hard work. And if you’re Beyonce, what could be more appropriate than wearing blue nail polish in honor of your first child, Blue Ivy Carter?
Beyonce’s manicurist, Lisa Logan, sent out a tweet on February 7, 2012, saying, “Check out Beyonce’s blue nails called Baker Street by Nails Inc. I love this color!” That same evening, Beyonce made her second public appearance since Blue Ivy was born last month on January 7. Her hands were stand-outs with the cobalt nail polish, not to mention the huge sapphire on the pointer finger of her left hand.
Anyone interested in trying out Baker Street will need to wait just a bit. This beautiful azure polish is scheduled to be released in March at Sephora.com.
Have you ever worn nail polish as a way of showing honor? Here are two examples of other nail polish tributes:
- China Glaze will soon release a nail polish collection called “Colours From the Capitol” in tribute to The Hunger Games. See our full article here.
- Dior did a tribute to red recently with their Vernis nail polish colors. Three distinct nail polish shades were developed for the celebration of red:
- Trafalgar, an orangey-poppy shade dedicated to the spectacular red dresses Christian Dior is famous for showing on fashion runways;
- Gruau, which is inspired by a particular dress designed by Dior collaborator Rene Gruau for the fall-winter 1947 collection; and
- Icone, an iridescent reddish-brown shade inspired by a dress from Dior’s spring-summer 1955 collection and designed by Atout Couer.
By Stevie McHugh