1. Have a quick getaway, be it a nearest hotel or beach that’s within the area, the essence is not to go as far away, but to have a new environment that will help you relax. You can do it on a weekend and just check in in the nearest hotel or drive to the nearest resort and stay there whole weekend!
2. Do something you love that you haven’t done in a long time. I have always loved movies and tv series, since my schedule have been packed up, I haven’t watch anything, even the news, thanks to online news sites, I can update myself from visiting them. So now that I’m on an overnight getaway, I will have a movie marathon of the movies I’ve missed!
3. If you’ve been so stressed out with your diet because you need to lose weight for an event or you just need to, reward yourself on the weekend and just eat your favorite food, be it a slice of chocolate cake or french fries or that lasagna you’ve been ignoring for weeks!
4. Live like a kid! Kids just enjoy life, they have pure fun whatever they do. So quit being serious for today, grab those pink slippers and hello kitty robe and date yourself in your room! Buy candies and other food that reminds you of your childhood. Additional plus if you enjoy cartoons!
5. Visit your family. If you haven’t seen your family for a while, it’s good to visit them and just enjoy your time with them. If they live very far, then use Skype or other online services and talk to them. Your family gives you comfort that other people cannot give.
1. Eating after 8pm. This only lets you gain weight because at night you’re body is tired so you’ll probably rest in the couch after you eat and watch tv. Caloies don’t have a clock, so if you work out at night, you can still burn some fat. But your strength is at its best in the afternoon so working in the afternoon and eating a llight meal after and sleeping early would help you lose some pounds.
2. Eating small meals helps you lose weight as it intensifies your metabolism. Now this is one myth that a lot of us believe (including me!). Food may increase the activity of your metabolism but only too little to even make you lose weight. Exercising on the other hand will help you shed those extra pounds.
3. Eating a plate of pasta can make you really fat. This myth made me so happy! I am a big pasta lover and I tried avoiding pasta which seems like forever (Although I eat pasta on my cheat days). Now be it a pasta or bread or chocolate, too much of something is bad. As long as you eat in proportions and moderately, it’s fine. Hooray pasta lovers!
5. Milk can help breakdown fat. If you’ve been drinking milk and you’re gaining weight, well that only means that it’s a myth that milk helps you lose weight. Stick with low fat dairy milk products if you want to keep the weight down.
1. Does your wool jackets have this stingy smell you can’t get rid off? Vodka is surprisingly a good deodorizer and funny thing is that straight vodka doesn’t leave a scent. Just spray it on the wool and hang them to dry in a well ventilated area. Do a spot test first to be sure that it won’t stain your clothes!
2. Stinky sink? Place some lemon, grapefruit, lime or orange peels in a bowl of hot water and let it run through your sink. Use some lemon juice with soap and water to clean your sink first, it will give a fresher vibe to your kitchen.
3. Ever experience when you opened your freezer and it smelled like it had been dumped with spoiled food? Your bestfriend can be a vanilla extract with water. Wipe them in your defrosted freezer after cleaning them and it would smell heavenly!
4. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who had a hard time removing the grease and the stubborn smell that is left in the plastic containers. Put warm water in a big container and add some baking soda and drop the containers there, leave them overnight and wash them in the morning. That stinky smell is finally gone!
2.There’s a good reason why laser hair removals, waxing and shaving were discovered, hairless skin will appear smoother and light will reflect on your skin making them appear longer. But be careful though, we want to stay away from knicks and ingrown hairs!
3. Saggy skin is not so attractive to look at so move your butt off and do some serious leg exercises! Even a 15-minute exercise will work wonders for you. It is better than just sitting and just letting your skin be sag and dull.
4. Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! And did I say moisturize? Staying under the sun might dry your skin out so slather on some good moisturizer at night before you go to sleep. You will have supple and smooth skin!
Using hot water in cleaning your face does not open your pores, however, it does makes the oil, dirt and trapped makeup in your pores. Be careful in using hot water though, using too much heat on yoru face will make your face dry.
Facials are not that important, you can skip it if you want to. True they make your skin beautiful, but only after a day or two after you get a facial. Be sure to choose the right facial for you though, people with oily face and those who are acne proned should choose facials that uses water based products.
Would you believe that drinking milk can cause your skin to breakout than eating oily foods or chocolates? Yes ladies and gentlemen! Oily foods may not be good for your body but they don’t really make your face be prone to pimples, sometimes it’s that glass of milk you always drink that’s the culprit!
Did you know that SPF 15, 30 and 60 are almost the same? Yes ladies, I just knew this also as I always believed that the higher the SPF, the more I am protected, partly true though but doesn’t make much of a difference. The numbers after sun protector factor are actually the time you spend more time exposed in the sun, but the potency of the sunscreens just varies for about 4%-6%. Well, whatever number it is, reapplying is the key, especially when you are out long!
Using more day creams and night creams may sound healthy but it also depends on your skin type. I myself have learned this the hard way. I tried a thick moisturizer that claims to make my pores smaller (I have oily skin type) and control oil but I end up having very oily face and acne! It clogged my pores of too much moisturization. So if you have oily skin like mine, gel moisturizers that are water based is a good option.
Spring is coming fast and your new year’s resolution of sticking to your diet or to lose weight before the new year comes again may be a little rocky already! Here are three tips that you have probably heard of (I know the first tip is a no-brainer!) but you are still not doing it. Well, this might want you to get started tomorrow if not today!
1. The earlier you eat breakfast, the earlier you kickstart your metabolism! I do not mean eating breakfast at 3:00am but sooner after you wake up, you might want to eat something healthy, and we don’t include coffee as breakfast! 7:00am to 9:00am is early breakfast and you might want to include fruits in your plate as it is not only delicious but fulfilling as well. I did try this today and yes, oatmeal and fruits are on my list!
2.Did you know that if you exercise, even after you pump some iron or do cardio exercises, you still continue to burn calories after 24 hours? Yes people, you might not see any results now but after a few weeks, you will feel good and look good! Your body will thank you!
3. Add more protein to your diet, and yes we mean lean meat and pumping more iron! Having leaner muscle will help you burn 100 calories more which will help you lose weight faster than having just doing cardio exercises. Strength training exercises shouldn’t be taken for granted, even by starting 30 minutes of doing it will go a long way!
4. Dark hue nail polish can lead to nail discoloration so don’t forget to apply a base coat before applying deep color nail polish. Better yet, try wearing light colored polish such as pinks and nudes.
Wear a Hat. Yes, it doesn’t just cover your face from the extreme sunlight but it is also a nice accessory to compliment your outfit. Plus you’ll save more sunscreen as you could apply it once and not worry about it
Shower first before dipping in the pool. There’s a big reason why showers are available and is a must before dipping in the pool. The hidden reason is, because the water has chemicals in it, if your hair is dry, it will soak more chemicals and will eventually dry your hair and ruint it.
Go ahead and change your look with, Bangs. Blunt bangs and side swept fringe can easily change your look. Don’t hesitate to take this step as change can be very good for you. Time to unleash your stylish self!
Look good and feel free with a Topknot. We have seen a lot of celebs and models doing the topknot. Well, here’s good news, so can you. Stop hiding in your hair and let people see your very beautiful face.
Most of us would love to lose those extra pounds during the summer in order to fit into our summer clothes. There are no crash diets involved here, only healthy food and menu. Now is the best time to try some fresh fruits and vegetables that are ripe for picking during summer time.
MONDAY – Eat only vegetables. Try cucumbers which are composed of 90% water. It’s a detoxifying agent that will cleanse and nourish your body.
WEDNESDAY – It’s berries day. You can choose to eat strawberries, raspberries, or other berries. It’s up to you but make sure you load up on water. Berries contain lots of fiber that have fat burning properties.
SATURDAY – Go for what you ate during the second day but add two cups of low fat yogurt in your diet.
SUNDAY – Homestretch. This is the last day of the summer diet but arguably the hardest to combat. Drink fruit and vegetable juices through out the day. Don’t slide back and give up.
After this week, you can already go back to your usual eating habits but make sure that you do the switch gradually. If one week is too hard, just do three days of veggies, fruits, and cultured milk. Of course, if you have any health issues, it’s still best to consult your physician before trying out any of these things.
Feeling down? Try these tips to instantly change your mood and brighten up your day!
1. Eat your favorite chocolate. Aside from the fact that chocolate is good for your heart, this sweet thing also is packed with antioxidants. Eating the right amount of chocolate doesn’t only make you happy but it makes your heart healthy too as it lowers your risk of heart disease. But remember, too much of something is always bad, so limit your chocolate intake fellas!
2. Play with your pet. Whatever your pet is, be it a dog, a cat, a bird or the likes, play with them. It doesn’t only change your mood but it is also a nice way to de-stress and you won’t feel lonely too! Next time you’re feeling blue, walk your dog, you never know who you’ll see!
3. Listen to your favorite song. This is lirerally what I do whenever I need an instant pick-me-upper. Wanna hear the facts? Music with fast rhythm improves your brain activity while the slow ones reduces stress as it is relaxing for your heart. If you want to tone your body, dance away with the music, not only do you get sharper mind, but a leaner body too!
4. Bring plants inside your home. Plants can naturally get rid of carbon monoxide and dust in the air so you can now say bye-bye to allergies and stuffed noses! And because of its color, green, it is very relaxing to look at.
5.Get enough sunlight. It is one of the best ways to be healthy and happy, staying under the sun (please apply sunscreen before doing so to avoid skin ailments and sunburn you guys). Sunlight can stimulate your body to produce serotonin which helps improve your sleep which also leads to a happier mood!