We all have our favorite looks and these makeup trends are our favorite! We bet you love them as much as we do!
Well-defined Eyes and Red Lips Combo
Cat Eye Makeup
Bright Eye Makeup
Red Lips: Red lips and thick eyebrows looks good together. Keep other details in minimum so your lips will standout!
Metallic Eyeshadow: I love partnering metallic and bold eyeshadows with nude lipstick. Eye-catching eyeshadows can be very tricky and mixing the right colors could make or break your look. But if you’re on an experimenting mode, go ahead and mix your favorite colors!
Thick Eyelashes: I am not such a fan of thick lashes especially the lower lashes. But every once in a while, I do wear falsies and I love that they totally change how I look.
Full Eyeliner Eyes: Eyes are the windows of the soul and I totally agree with it so to make your eyes pop and defined, line them up with black liner if you want a badass look but if you want to have a flirty look, try lining them in different colors!
Bronzer Makeup: Secret to glowing skin? Sweep some bronzer and highlight your facial features! I love that bronzers can make you look glowing and gives you a sun-kissed look!
Since the start of the year, we’ve fallen for ultra lush red lips as an accessory to your ever growing wardrobe. Any woman who loves make-up cannot live without this little thing that adds shine, moisture, and color to an otherwise dull lips.
BEST RED LIPSTICK
For Harper’s Bazaar, this Dior Rouge Dior Lipcolor in Blazing Red retails for $32 and available at Sephora. Stand tall and powerful with this shade that promises a long lasting red pout.
This NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Heat Wave retails $24 and available at NARS. The orange-red hue is subdued enough and goes really well for women in their 40′s.
This Lipstick Queen Medieval Tinted Treatment from Barneys retails for just $20 and is perfect for women in their 50′s. The deep wine color looks sophisticated and elegant.
BEST PINK LIPSTICK
Okey, so you’re not going to a power lunch and there’s no need for a dramatic red pout, the next best thing is to put on a pink pout and show the world that pink can also be powerful.
This Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin lip color retails for $30 and is available at total beauty.
Want something natural and simple? Try on Sephora Color Reveal Lip Balm for $12. The light pink color is perfect in keeping your lips moisturized. Looks great on you anytime of the day.
Trying for sweet but seductive? CoverGirl Blast Flipstick in Whisper retails for just $7.99 and can do the trick. Sometimes, you don’t have to use super bold colors to make a statement. This shade will do.
BIG BOLD COLORS
On the contrary, there are times when a girl’s gotta make her move and the only solution is to go big and bold.
Rich and intense are two words that perfectly fit this liptick from MAC Cosmetics. This MAC Mattene Lipstick retails for under $13 and perfect to wear this season!
Look like a million bucks with dark mahogany lips and a blue frock. Beauty Is Life Lipstick in Bechee retails for $28 and available at Barneys.
Whether you like bold colors or simple ones, remember to choose ones that you feel most comfortable wearing. There is no sense in wearing a lipstick shade that you feel insecure about. Stand and be proud of your pout! Have a great day!
Natural lips are very good to look at, especially if it’s hydrated and healthy. Applying lip balms, lip sheeners and lip products with vitamins helps keep your lips moisturized!
Bold lips look good with minimal eye make-up. All eyes will be on your very fierce red lips!
I love having nude lips with smokey eyes! It just makes you look very sexy in any outfit.
Orange lips can really make head turns! What I love about this color is the fact that it lightens up your face.
Just like the orange lipstick, this bright pink lips can change your mood in an instant. The color is just too bright to be gloomy!
Ever wonder how models get the perfect lips?
Well, it’s not rocket science… learning the techniques as second nature will change everything. Follow these simple steps and you to, can end up with the perfect pout.
1. Cleanse. Just like every other first step in the perfect skin regime, you must start with a clean surface. To clean your lips, simply take a wet wash cloth and lightly wipe your lips. This will also help with exfoliating and removing all that yucky dead skin. (If you’re anything like me, this step is a MUST in the winter.)
2. Prime those babies! Using a moisturizing lip balm or lip primer, apply a generous amount to both the upper and bottom lips. This step can be done before applying other makeup to make sure the moisture is some-what soaked up by the time you go back to it.
3. Liner. If you are planning on using a dark or vibrant lipstick color, you will want to apply a lip liner to keep the color from bleeding outside your lips. To begin, trace the outside of your lips with the liner. Make sure you do not go outside of your actual lip shape, or it may look slightly odd. You can then go ahead and fill in the remainder of your lips if you would like, or you can skip this step. This will help fill in the lines on your lips and keep your lipstick lasting longer.
4. Color. Apply your lipstick color using a lip brush. U sing a brush will also help with filling in lines and give you a more even finish.
5. Blot. Take a Kleenex or tissue and simply squish it between your lips, making sure you do not smear or rub your lips around. Doing this will take more color off than needed and smear your lipstick.
6. Repeat. Repeat steps 4 and 5.
7. Shine. After blotting twice, apply a small amount of your favorite lip gloss all over your lips to give them a bit of shine. You can also apply a tiny bit to the center of your top and bottom lips if you want just a tiny sparkle.
8. Highlight. Apply a shiny white shadow or cream to the cupid’s bow to give your lips more of a sexy pout look. Doing this will draw more attention to your lips making your lips look fuller and more kissable.
Now – go get kissing with those lips you’ve been missing!
Want to read more about Makeup Ideas and Tips?
This spring is all about colour, and what better way to wear it then on your lips! Give your look a pop by following this season’s hottest lip colours!
Reds: Matte red to be more specific! Using brighter coloured reds will instantly make your lips pop. Pair any red lip with black liquid liner and nude eyeshadow for the perfect retro look.
Nudes: Blend your skin colour into your lips for a neutral yet stylish look. Add a hint of gloss for a shine or keep your lips matte. Pair it with a smokey eye for a hot glam look.
Corals: Adding coral to your lips is like adding a hint of sunshine. It is a great way to brighten any look. Keep your eyes neutral but add false lashes for an eye brightening complexion.
Oranges: Using orange will give you a fresh, yet sexy new look! Although it may not be for everyone, it sure is fun to play around it! Keep your eyes neutral, adding more colour to your eyes with your lips already popping with colour may just be a little too much.
Purple: Plum and maroon are two of this season’s hottest looks. They may be dark and mysterious but we are in love! Keep your eyes bright with nudes, off whites and pastel colours with this lip colour.
Pinks: Light pink is classic, but its a trendy one! Adding just the right amount of colour to your lips is sweet and feminine. This colour is very versatile when it comes to what to do with your eyes, but we still love it best with any coloured smokey eye.
Fuchsia: A bold, fun, trendy and beautiful colour that gets a lot of compliments. It can compliment just about any makeup look, which will be sure to get attention. Great with loads of mascara or bold false lashes and light pink cheeks!